Subscribe

Get emailed updates!



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 12, 2010

MOTHER'S VERSION OF 1 CORINITHIANS 13

 

I can read bedtime stories, till the cow jumps over the moon and sing, "Ten Little Monkeys", until I want to call the doctor--but if I don't have love, I'm as annoying as a ringing phone.
I can chase a naked toddler through the house while cooking dinner and listening to voice mail. I can fix the best cookies and Kool-Aid in the neighborhood and I can tell a sick child's temperature with one touch of my finger-but if I don't have love, I am nothing.
Love is patient while watching and praying by the front window when it's 30 minutes past curfew.
Love is kind when my teen says "I hate you!"
Love does not envy the neighbors' swimming pool or their brand-new mini-van, but trusts the Lord to provide every need.
Love does not brag  when other parents share their disappointments and insecurities and love rejoices when other families succeed.
Love doesn't boast, even when I've multi-tasked all day long and my husband can't do more than one thing at a time.
Love is not rude when my spouse innocently asks,
"What have you done today?"
Love does not immediately seek after glory when we see talent in our children, but encourages them to get training and make wise choices.
Love is not easily angered  when my 15-year-old acts like the world revolves around her.
Love does not delight in evil (is not self-righteous) when I remind my 17 year old that he's going 83 in a 55 mph zone, but rejoices in the truth.
Love does not give up hope.
Love always protects our children's self esteem and spirit, even while doling out discipline.

No comments: