Subscribe

Get emailed updates!



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Wife the Quilter

My Wife, The Quilter
She learned to quilt on Monday
Her stitches were very fine.
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
So we went out to dine.

She sewed miniatures Tuesday.
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust.

On Wednesday, it was a sampler.
She says the stripping's fun.
What highlights! Oh what shadows!
But the laundry wasn't done.

Her charm quilt was on Thursday,
Green patches, blue and red
Guess she really was engrossed:
She never made the bed

It was wall hangings on Friday,
In colors she adores
But she never seemed to notice,
The crumbs on all the floors.

I found a maid on Saturday!
My wife is now complete.
My wife can quilt the hours away:
The house will still be neat,

Well, it's already Sunday.
I think I'm about to wilt.
I cursed, I raved, I ranted...
The MAID has learned to Quilt!!!!!

We are the Janome Jedis - Imagination is our only limitation

3 comments:

doreen said...

very cute poem. Who are the Janome Jedis'? I need to stitch this out and make it into a wallhanging!

Karina said...

The janome 6500 yahoo group I guess, im not really sure.....

Jennifer said...

oh yea that is soo cute! and i love the name of that group..janome jedi's :D